live life abundantly

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the UNEXPECTED; COURAGE

Today I was supposed to have a lunch with my colleagues
so things gone like this
I received a call from Kelvin telling me that
Rachel's - my lady boss car had arrived right opposite my house
and right away I left my house and went into the car

Just the second I get myself seated
one of my colleagues.. we called her Sis Ha
she came towards us and told us that
another colleague of mine, Sis Yong
her daughter just fell off from the steep steep staircase

Right at the moment
we quickly jumped out from the car
and were heading to her house which is just steps away
So then we were right in front of the girl's room
seeing her laying on her bed

After some Q&A session knowing what's going on
we decided to send her to the hospital
However when she stepped in to the living room downstairs
straight away without any signal at all
she just 'poom' lied down on the sofa
Then she told us she felt pain over the neck and the back

In this case, to avoid any big movement that would possibly occur
to the girl, we decided to call ambulance
'999' pressed by Rachel and passed over to Kelvin to deal with
You know what.. they were just too efficient
When Kelvin was still talking over the phone
the ambulance arrived

Again another Q&A between the ambulanceman with her parents
with some help of translation by us
Then they moved her to a hard board
with her neck still by the collar

After that her dad and I followed onto the ambulance
while Rachel and her mum followed up behind
Probably I was on the ambulance to help up some translation
cause they weren't so good in English
neither do I, but at least...

Reached Sheffield Children Hospital near Sheffield University
Settled us at an unit of bed in a room
Waiting for the doctor for quite a time
possibly because she was not that serious and emergency

Here was the doctor
Went through a series of procedural questions
Reminded me of some scientific terms learnt during high school
Return to the waiting mode again

After a time again
she was arranged for x-ray scanning
probably to check on any bones fracture or stuff like that
and before that she was undress by cutting her clothes
Finish scanning she was sent back to the room

Good news from the x-ray pieces
but something bad when the doctor discovered that
her plastered lower lips was severely injured
3 very very deep cut can be seen from her lips
wondering how she fell off the stairs

Eventually the only thing can be done was..
STITCH(ES)!!!
Then we were brought to the operation room
and operation started
First Stitch....
Second Stitch....
Third Stitch....
Full of courage
not even a single painful voice
DONE! Good girl..
Her mum feel like fainting watching her daughter
and left the room during the stitching

Finally everything done..
but still she need to be observed
since she was feeling dizzy still
Then, she was pushed to the ward

Guess who I met there?
A Malaysian Chinese Doctor!!
She told that she is from Old Klang Road!!
So near to my house wey...

About 7 in the evening
Rachel and I left them and went for dinner
Cause our Malaysian's Doc can speak Cantonese
So no problem with the conversation.. we left

Had dinner and went to Rachel house
to help on setting up their new desktop
Back home around 11...

What A Day!!!

No comments: